Friday

Thursday 17/8

Today started with rain, so I rolled over again in my bed this morning. Afterwards I went in town (actually they dropped me of there) to go look for a battery-charger and an USB-cable (which I forgot at home), both for my camera. To bad, in Alta there isn't anything to be found of the brand Nikon, but the people are so friendly, they kept looking for a solution, so I ended up with an Canon USB that fits just perfectly.

Around noon I went for a coffee with Camilla (who had a half hour break in her morning-shift ) and she suggestioned me to use her car in the afternoon, as long as I could pick her up at 3pm from work. So in the afternoon I went to visit the Alta museum (5 km out of town) to go see the rock-carvings (world heritage by UNESCO) there.

Around 3pm I went to pick up Camilla and we prepared ourselves for a fishingtrip. We drove up to the see to find a nice spot. The first spot didn't turn out to be a good one to fish so it ended up in a mini-hike with a lot of laughter :) -bugs in a box-

So we didn't see fish there, but we saw reindeer! I even went up to one. They were running around freely (no fence or anything to be spotted for miles), but the biggest one had a bell tied around his neck, so I think they belong to some Sami around there.


To make a long story very short: We went to an other fishingspot, actually 2 different (one at the sea, fishing from the cliffs and one at a lake fishing from a boat), had a little beer (at least I did, Camilla was driving), dried meat and Norwegian caviar, and loads of fun. I never knew fishing could be so much fun! Incredible but true, I even caught my first fish.




-spot 1 and 2 next to eachother-

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amaai seg, ikke jaloers zenne!! Da klinkt allemaal ongelofelijk plezant en schoon!!! Veel fotookes trekke he!! Ik wil ze zeker ne keer zien als ge terug thuis zijt!!
veel plezier,
groetjes vanuit tremelo

10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jeromakker!!! Dat klinkt allemaal ongelooflijk leuk. Geniet er maar hard van, je hebt het zeker verdiend. Doe al die mooie natuur de groeten van mij en zeg dat ik ooit ook nog wel eens langskom :-)
Dikke dikke zoen xxx

1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow bangelijke reisverslagen!!! :o)
nog veel plezier!

regenbooggroetje van tint

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home