Thursday

Wednesday 23/8

Nowhere in Tromso a charger(for my camera) for sale. Good news?: the guy of the camerashop had a charger of his own so he offered me to reload my battery for free. So when I can get the opportunity I'll be uploading some pictures with the messages that are without at the moment.

Truda (one of the studens I'm staying with) showed me around town through her eyes,... that's my preferred way of travelling. So thank you again Truda!

Tromso pulsates with the vibes of an old, cosy town where it's hard not to enjoy. To bring a little image: Wooden houses in the most different colors, street musicians playing their tunes, a fountain on the background. I walk up to a muslim-violin player and ask him to play a tune for me when I sit in the sun, next to the fountain. While I look for some change,... he smiles at me and says "I will play for you, and you can pay me with your smile." He puts his violin on his shoulder and starts playing in pure harmony with the sun and the water. Suddenly it sounds if there are two violins playing, but no other violins in sight. How wonderful can the world be?

In the evening we went to grab a drink in a pub where they had a raggae and hip-hop evening. No party, just the chill beats on the background when we speak English and I try to follow in Norwegian. Having a nice evening out, but if you know me, I want to dance. The problem was that Bord has organized a protest for Palestine, and he has to appear on the radio the next morning. "Won't you stay an other night, it would be great having you over for one more night,..." they said. Who am I to disagree? I want to travel the world and the seven seas,... :)
<= inside view of the popular rockin' "blue rock" (it's bla rock with an o above the a, but it sounds like i've written here)

The Tromso Kino, the (so they said to me) the oldest cinema of Norway that still shows movies =>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home