Sunday

Friday 25/8



Goodbye my Tromso-student-friends, hope to see you guys dropping by in Belgium! It’s off to Harstad with me. There another HC member is waiting for me. I’ll just drop bye there, get a good night sleep and hitchhike further to the south. At least that was the intentional plan. (So I'm leaving, on a fast-boat,... Tromso falling back=>)

Once I arrived in Harstad, the plan looked good. Not such a nice city, more and more concrete buildings, more traffic, more industry, well, you’re getting the picture I guess. Katya (the HC member) was a nice (Russian) girl who stayed at a student dorm. There as well, it was a nice place, but it didn’t feel,… that right I guess.

But this wouldn’t be these 3 weeks without faith interfering: Katya’s mom came by from Russia so it would be difficult to host me. So she would hook me up with a friend Vera (also HC member and Russian) who lives together with a Bulgarian. She had discussed it already with Vera and it would be OK for her. On the way to pick up Katya’s mom from the harbour we met already another Bulgarian guy, Ivo the best friend of Dimitri (who lives with Vera). –I hope I’m not making this to complicated :) –

Ivo told us there would be a gathering of some internationals living in Harstad tonight. So we decided to leave my backpack at Katya’s place and hit town, I could pick it up on the way to Vera’s.

The drink started slowly, but cosy. There were 4 or 5 Russians, I guess one or two Chinese and 3 Danish,… all students except for the crazy Belgian :) later on we went to the next pub where we met even more internationals, but there I lost count completely. The evening turned in a hot party (literally, I was sweating so hard!) with loads of dancing to some commercial BS (but Wannes you know we can party on that!) and some good Moloko. Although the commercial BS was fun to dance to for a while, it got boring in the end. We went to the coolest rock café I’ve seen in Norway so far, with scenes (not drawings or pictures but skulls and dolls behind glass) and graffiti everywhere.

Well to shorten things up: Met great people (local and international), drank to much (again), and when we came home (Vera’s place) Dimitri, Ivo and Vera made us a spaghetti!! A nice dinner @ 4 in the morning, with the most beautiful sunrise over the fjord. How about that for an ending of the evening :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home