Thursday

Monday 28/8

The leaving was once again hard for me,... Leaving again some friends.

I started hitchhiking again and it went not to good. The first 2 lifts were good, but short. Took the ferry in Stordal (I think it was, I'll have to check on that later) and I was so tired that I fell asleep on the deck. Stupid thing, because I woke up just before the ferry went back to the other side. Ofcourse every car already left so I was standing there alone, no cars passing. The only thing I could think of was walking, so I did. Beautiful scenery(see pics), but a hard time for me. Two more cars stopped to help me a few kilometers further, but the last one advised me to take the bus, because there were a lot of tunnels coming up where you're unable to walk through.

Good idea! A little bit further on the road there were a lot of tunnels, and you can not walk through them,... I took the bus just up to a railwaystation (again I forgot the name, but it was in the neighborhood of Bodo) to take there the night-train to Trondheim. While I was waiting for the bus, I noticed what people ment with "wach out for the mosquitoes" but it weren't really mosquitoes like we know them in Belgium, it were more like fleas to me, but loads of them. They were really putting my patience to a test! So glad I could leave that place.

I've got to say, once I left the island (on which Harstad is situated) a lot of the flair I experienced in Norway was lost. The scenery was nice, but no longer 'WOW'. Some people were friendly, but not exactly the hospitality I felt up north.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home