Sunday

Saturday 26/8

Yep, still in Harstad. It seems I only make plans to change them. I had just too much fun with Vera and the two Bulgarians (and some locals as well!). That and being too tired to leave :)
I’ll be brief about this day, because I’m burning precious daylight here.
Chilled out in the sun havin’ fun with my hosts here, sun combined with a few bears, went to the store to buy some ingredients. I was going to make a quiche. My mom makes them for me so it would be the first quiche I ever made.
(<= quiche before cooking,.... and the quiche just before we ate it =>)


We had an international Frisbee throwing moment just until the day made way for the colder evening. The nationalities (one of each): Syrian, American, Norwegian, Bulgarian, German, Russian and me representing Belgium :)

After the frisbeeïng, Vera and I went back to her place to prepare the quiche. On the way over there we picked up another Russian girl that didn’t speak a lot of English, but we managed just fine to communicate. I’m getting the hang of it, understanding languages that you don’t speak. The quiche became an international experiment with a creative touch. Check it out for yourselves.

On my Christmas-list of this year is a good oven now, that’s for sure.
My wallet refused to go out again, so it became a nice an peaceful night. There were some people that I met yesterday who dropped by to say hello, and try some of the quiche. When everybody left Vera and I saw a film to end the day. Tomorrow it’s adding the pics to the blog, packing by bag and go to bed early I think so I can start off early in the morning. Two weeks have passed and I find myself still above the arctic circle :) so I’ve got to move a little bit…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, het ziet er lekker uit.
Als ge terug bent mag je thuis ook eens proberen wie de lekkerste maak, gij of ons ma.
De winnaar krijgt mischien een nieuwe oven.

En nu haasten dat ge thuis komt want ik krijg al goesting zelle.
De groetjes uit het natte Grootlo.

7:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, het ziet er lekker uit.
Als ge terug bent mag je thuis ook eens proberen wie de lekkerste maak, gij of ons ma.
De winnaar krijgt mischien een nieuwe oven.

En nu haasten dat ge thuis komt want ik krijg al goesting zelle.
De groetjes uit het natte Grootlo.

7:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ja lap, ik ben blijkbaar al te laat om te vragen of je ook eens bij ons wilt komen koken :o)

1:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home