Saturday

Friday the first of September

This morning was terrible: I woke up with toilet paper in my ears, which didn't help for the snoring of an Italian tourist,... Man, never ever heard a sound like that one before. It was like an old tree giving way to a gust of wind that tore the world apart. You can guess I hadn't such a good night.

But hey, the Bergen - Oslo railway was on my schedule and (if I could believe the Lonely Planet) it should be one of the nicest railways in the world. Even when it wouldn't be the most beautiful, I like trains so that was a nice compensation for a bad night sleep.

The scenery was indeed breath-taking. (Some of the scenes of the original Star Wars trilogy were recorded here) In the train I met an American writer, mother of 3 children who have almost the same age as me. Had a nice chat with her about life and visions. Especially about the mysterious fact that people with the same interests seem to find each other everywhere in the world.

She, her name was Sherry, read me one of her stories she wrote. An interesting tale about success and accomplishment by believing in yourselves without setting the goal you want to reach as the highest value. Mmm, I'm making it difficult. Soit, the story was nicely philosophical, and a lot of my friends would appreciate it a lot (especially tint I think 'cause it was really her style) . In September Sherry might visit me in Oignies.

In Oslo we had a little drink before saying goodbye and headed each our own direction. I had to find Christin at her work, which is a cafe - restaurant named "Kristiana". Without a clue where to find the place I went to the touristinfo. They showed me a map and note with small circles my current position and my goal. With fresh courage I started to walk towards a street filled with shops and crowded by tourists, students and bums.

I arrived where the map showed me to go: Restaurant CHristiana! A high class restaurant filled with cocky bigshots and walking make-up advertisements. Obviously not the place where I planned to go. Well no problem, lets just head back to the trainstation and ask it there... But my ears decided different. Nice vibes found their way to my brain, and draw my attention. There was some sort of Christian-hippy-house party going on. Well if you know me a bit, you know what happened next.

A few hours later, and after a few splinters of glass that nestled in my feet while I was dancing bare-footed, I continued my quest for Kristiana (the old name for Olso btw). Nobody knew where it was and I bumped into it almost by accident. It actually WAS the station, the previous station that is, but integrated in the same building. Sometimes it appears difficult to find what's just a pace away :)

Finally I got to Christin's apartment, so... Well, just check the view:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great meeting Jero on the train to Oslo. I know in my heart the world's perfection in timing and opportunity, the calculatedness of coincidences, and the beauty of all its moments, but sometimes I forget in my head. Jero's wide-eyed enthusiasm for life and its experiences reminded me to hold on to my own. Thank you for our time together. Hope to see you again soon!

10:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home